Video about my trip!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Progress!

It has been such an incredible week planning this trip.  Definitely stressful, but I am also just feeling such great support right now.  Whether it is people in my life just asking about my trip, or friends who have traveled before giving awesome insights into what is to come, or obviously financial support- all have been so helpful and uplifting!

As I type this I am close to 40% funded for my trip, and I cannot believe it.  I am so thankful to have such generous people in my life that simply want to do whatever they can to thrust me out into the world.  Family, friends, friends of family, colleagues, professors, administrators, trustees - I cannot even describe how grateful I am to you and your contribution into my life not only now, but in so many ways I could never deserve.

Some of my friends I see daily already know this, but I've been doing a lot of my supply shopping on eBay to save money because it is just so dang cheap!  This week I was able to find a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR camera that fit within my budget.  I am floored about this purchase because it means I will be able to document my whole experience with breath-taking clarity.  It shoots video as well, which will be unreal.  I cannot wait to share that extra quality in my photos and videos with you all!

One aspect of my trip about which I am beginning to be a little bit nervous is lodging.  There are just a few spots in the trip where I have yet to be able to book a specific place to stay.  It is no joke trying to figure out all these logistics for myself.  I want to make sure I can walk to where I need to go in cities to which I have never been!  And then even when I find something convenient, that doesn't always mean it will be secure.  I'm thankful for some friends in East London that already rescued me from booking a sketchy hostel!  I'll be in Grahamstown from July 4th - 13th, along with a huge swell of people attending the same festival.  Finding somewhere to stay during that time is proving to be difficult and I'm having to consult some hostel agents in the area.  All of it probably means I will be a little over budget for that term of the trip, which is unfortunate!  But I planned for lots of things like this, and hopefully it will stay in check.

That's all for now!  I'll keep you posted!  I need some type of cool sign off....

No comments:

Post a Comment