Video about my trip!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

On the News!

I'm sure many of you already saw my Facebook or Instagram post, but Monday, June 23rd, I was on First Coast News for my fundraising website through gofundme.com !  Apparently FCN (the local NBC affiliate) was planning to do this story about gofundme, so they contacted the marketing director of gofundme to suggest to the reporter some exemplary projects from the Jacksonville area.  Last week, I got an email from this marketing director, asking if it was alright if they gave the reporter my information for an interview.  I, of course, said yes!  But I also clarified that I was leaving within the next week and asked if they could pass that information on as well.  The staff from gofundme was so nice!

Then on Monday, I had just finished speaking for an orientation session on campus when the reporter called me, asking if she could come interview me that afternoon!  It was about 3 when she called, and she said she would be there to interview me at 4:15.  She said to make sure I brought a guitar.  I didn't have one with me, so I had to call a friend to bring me one, as I no longer live on campus.  The reporter showed up, I spoke about my experience with gofundme, they took some shots of me playing, and then they left!  I feel like the whole interview lasted about 10 minutes.

ANYWAY.  Link is attached!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/features/2014/06/24/jacksonville-go-fund-me-campaigns/11296949/

No comments:

Post a Comment