Video about my trip!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Getting SO Ready!

So I am four days away from flying out!  Some brief updates!

- I have booked all my lodging for my entire trip!
- I MAY STILL have money left to eat food while in Africa.  Which is a good thing!
- I acquired a Canon EOS Rebel T1i DSLR camera that also shoots full HD video so that I may document my trip to its fullest!
- I purchased my traveler's insurance, so everybody breathe a sigh of relief!
- I have raised a total of $4,365 of my $6,000 goal!  Absolutely unreal!  I am blown away by the generosity of all my friends, family, co-workers, and all those who have supported me so far!

Just to clarify once more, I am fundraising to replenish funds that I already acquired through a fantastic loan from Karl Rogers of 121 Financial Credit Union.  This means that even if I do not hit my $6,000 mark by Thursday when I leave, I will probably continue to fundraise some during my trip to try to gather all the funds necessary to pay back my loan.  Karl & the gang have been unbelievably helpful and I can very plainly say that I would not be going to Africa without them.  Thank you guys so much!

Things to come:

- I need to get my Malaria prescription filled so I can have it to take before I go into Tanzania
- I need to go raid the dollar store and get all the little supplies I will need for my trip
- I need to pack!
- My mother and step-father are about to come home from a year working Southeast Asia!  They will be here Tuesday, I'll spend two days with them, and then they are driving me to Atlanta for my flight out of the country!  Please be praying for our family for all the travels and just for the the small amount of time we get to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment